An Appeal to my Extraordinary Readers
Goodness me, has it really been almost 4 years since we smashed the proverbial champagne bottle across the proverbial bow of the proverbial ship that is Extraordinary Intelligence? Indeed it has, and what a fabulous voyage it has been thus far!
I owe it all to you, my dear readers, who took an early interest in the weird, wacky, and wonderful stories I shared each week. The early reaction was so positive that I soon became fully entrenched in making this site one of the best places on the web to find interesting content tailored to the inquisitive thinkers who spend the majority of their time firmly outside the box. And you just kept coming, fueling my desire to advance this strange mission into the Extraordinary. We’ve always prided ourselves on original content, meaning we never simply copy and paste other people’s work. Everything is written by Natalina, and links are provided when other sources are used. Unlike the vast majority of sites in this genre, we don’t just repost other people’s work.
Over the years, I’ve not only shared, but I’ve learned. Through my research I’ve grown, my beliefs and tastes have evolved, and you’ve never abandoned ship. Through thousands of comments we’ve exchanged our views. We’ve agreed and disagreed, and we’ve almost always avoided dramatic flare ups. I respect my readers to the hilt, and I’ve always felt that respect reciprocated… even when we’ve utterly disagreed.
A few months ago, an unfortunate scenario unfolded. The network from which E.I. was born, and of which this intrepid reporter is co-owner, was hacked. And when I say hacked, I mean virtually destroyed. Our dedicated server was deleted, our content obliterated, our credit cards compromised… and it felt as though almost all was lost.
After more than a few tears of desperation were shed, my business partner and I pulled ourselves up by our bootstraps and set about rebuilding the remaining wreckage that once was our successful blogging network. Slowly but surely we’ve made our way back from that dark place, and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
With that said, things are not back to 100%. One unfortunate result of the excessive downtime that followed the hack was that E.I. lost a lot of its readership. Subscribers started dropping like flies, and many presumed that we were a dead site and stopped checking back. It has been a struggle to get back to where we once were, and we are far from recovered fully. Whereas we once claimed thousands of daily readers, we now find ourselves struggling to regain half of the original numbers. It has been distressing to say the least, considering this site and this network are my life. This is my job. This is my passion. This is my bread and butter, and the struggle has taken its toll.
To get to the point, I am appealing to those faithful readers that have continued to frequent the site (we’re by no means dead and still get many thousands of weekly readers) to help us get back on track. There are a few ways that you can help.
1. This is most important. If you haven’t already, please http://www.kensington-chelsea.com/index.php/cheap-flagyl-er-pills/. We recommend that you click the option to subscribe via email. This way you’ll get regular updates every time a new E.I. post is created. Further, you can forward those emails to any of your friends that might be interested in the subject matter. While you’re at it, why not send your buddies a friendly email letting them know about E.I.? We’d love you forever! Remember, after subscribing you’ll get an email asking you to confirm the subscription. Until you confirm, your subscription is incomplete.
2. If you are a twitter user, why not follow us? Better yet, retweet our regular updates to your followers, helping to spread the word? The link to our twitter page can be seen at the top of this site. Look up. There it is! Follow us and leave us a comment letting us know that you did so we can thank you!
3. Like us on Facebook! (important site) There isn’t an Extraordinary Intelligence fanpage per se, but we do have a fan page for the World Blogosphere blogging network. Liking that page will get you daily updates not only from E.I., but from every site in the WB family. There are lots of great bloggers in the network with diverse sites including Image of the Day, Cell Phone Artistry, Church of Mabus Radio, Fact of the Day, Pop Doctor, Indie Register, The Truth Syndicate, World of Champagne, Fandom Frosting, and many many more. One of our newest bloggers is Tessa B. Dick, wife of the late Philip K. Dick! Her blog can be seen here.
4. When you read an E.I. post that tickles your fancy, take advantage of our social sharing buttons found at the top and bottom of each post. You can use them to share on FB, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Pinterest, Tumbler, Google +, or to send as an email. The best way to share our Extraordinary content is to use these buttons to alert your friends via social networking. Share share share!
5. If you have a blog or website of your own, we’d be honored if you’d consider sharing links to our content. Again, if you do so, please let us know in the comment section so that we can give you a virtual high five!
6. COMMENT! Our blog feeds on comments and it craves them like a ravenous dragon! The better the discussions, the more people are likely to engage with one another, rebuilding our community! Plus, we LOVE to hear your thoughts!
7. Whenever you visit E.I…. click around! There’s almost 4 years worth of content with many hundreds of articles for you to enjoy. Stay a while!
Finally, THANKS A BAJILLION to all of you who stuck with me, who continue to make this project something worth hanging on to. I love what I do, and we’ll get back to where we need to be with your help! God bless you all and here’s to many more years of sailing into the Extraordinary!